In 2014, when they were 20 and 15 years old, the sisters Carolina and Olimpia Román created a company of kids’ toys made of rubber. They wanted to create something natural, respectful with the environment and also with a great design so they thought about the rubber ducks. You can find monochromatic ducks inspired by the 60’s and 70’s models, but also rabbits, deers, animals with a vintage style, fruit-shaped teethers, geometrical figures, balls and fun beetle cars in natural latex.
It’s a pleasure to have them in Petit & Small. Everybody is going to talk about them!
You are a very young company. How did you decide to create your own business and why have you chosen rubber toys?
We’ve always wanted to build our own business and we thought that selling natural design products was what motivated us the most. That’s why we decided to do natural rubber baby toys inspired in retro designs which can be used as teethers, bath toys and decorative objects.
How did you get producers and distributors who trust in you from the first time?
Putting enthusiasm in our project.
What’s the different between your products and the rest? Which are your personal features?
We offer a wide variety of retro designs inspired from the 60s and 70s in pastel and bright monochrome colors.
Our toys are made with 100% Natural Rubber from Hevea Trees.
• Hand painted with food graded dyes.
• Biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
• Flexible and soft, easy to grasp, squeezable and safe to chew.
• Stimulates the baby’s senses and soothes teething gums.
• Highly hygienic, mold free. All of the designs do not have a hole on the bottom which means that water doesn’t go inside, avoiding the creation of bacteria and mold.
• Completely safe for kids. Certified eco-friendly and non-toxic toy by Bureau Veritas.
• BPA, PVC Phthalate and Nitrosamine free.
• Social collaboration: Since the beginning of Oli&Carol, we believed that we had the obligation to act for the benefit of society. We provide schooling to Indian kids in the School Baba Jodh Sachiyar in the north of India. Apart from receiving the basic need of education, we are opening them the doors to the future.
Thanks to the great success of our product this solidary project by Oli&Carol is possible, and we will accomplish our dream if we can do this for many more years.
Which can of role have played social network in the development of your business?
Social Networks have played a key role in the growth of our business: getting our product worldwide known and helping us grow quick.
What are your future projects?
Some of the new projects we have in our mind are: building a new website, developing our packaging and working on new models.
Discover more Oli & Carol products on their website and follow them on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.